This session will give an overview of the main capabilities added to the Java EE platform such as
- JAX-RS 2.1’s new Reactive client API
- CDI 2.0 Asynchronous events
- Bean Validation 2.0 improvements
- Servlet 4.0 HTTP/2 support
- A new JSON Binding API
- Various security enhancements, etc.
Most of the discussed APIs (e.g. Servlet, JAX-RS, Bean Validation...) are also widely used outside of the Java EE Platform. So come to this session to understand what those updated APIs really brings!
And now that Java EE 8 has been released, we will conclude the session by discussing how to move Java enterprise development to the next level!